As a part of our Big Housing Build, we’re replacing the low-rise housing at South Yarra, Prahran, Hampton East and Port Melbourne.
All homes at Bluff Road will be replaced with modern, energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable homes.
The project will transform these communities into well-connected and welcoming places with quality open spaces.
The new homes will include a mix of social, affordable and market rental homes, with disability accommodation, in a range of 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes to better meet the needs of residents.
The supply of more homes will help tackle the growing problem of housing affordability and increase housing options including secure, longer-term rentals in the local area.
What you need to know
- The project is located on Homes Victoria land at Bluff Road, Hampton East.
- The housing will be delivered under a ground lease model
- Bayside City Council.
- Create 4500 jobs across all 4 sites.
- Deliver more than 1400 new homes across all 4 sites.
- Include a mix of social, affordable and market rental homes.
- Include disability accessible homes.
- All homes will have 5 star green rating and 7 start NaTHERS avg rating.
Main works- Construction commencement
Hampton East site office now open
The Hampton East site office will enable our dedicated team to provide personalised information and support to residents who are relocating.
Office opening hours: 11 am – 3.00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday.
Our team is available to support you by appointment.
We are offering options for COVID-safe in-person and online appointments.
We want to hear from the community to help shape the future project plans for the site.
The project will transform the site into a well-connected and welcoming place with quality open spaces and provide more homes where people need them most.
Tell us what you want to see as part of the new housing. Attend a drop-in event, focus group session or complete the online survey.