What you need to know
The project is located on Homes Victoria land at Oakover Road, Preston.
City of Darebin
The development at Preston will include 296 homes.
The development will include 5% of Disability Discrimination Act fully accessible homes.
- Less expensive to heat and cool with a 5-star Green Star rating and 7-star NatHERs average rating
- Safe and publicly accessible green spaces
- Pathways connecting new homes to streets, footpaths and bike paths
- Communal rooftop gardens
- New street furniture, lighting, and landscaping including durable, high-quality materials
- An artist studio and gallery space.
Community engagement is an important element of the project at Oakover Road in Preston.
Previously, Homes Victoria established a Community Consultative Committee for the site that brought together members of the community to help plan the future of the project. As this project is now underway with plans in place, Homes Victoria is hosting regular community engagement opportunities to keep the community informed about all aspects of the project. We undertake regular community drop-in information sessions as well as facilitated stakeholder briefings.
Members of the community can contact us at any time to find out more about the project using the contact details below, or keep a look out for our newsletters, works notices and other updates.
Two tower cranes installed
Top out of social homes
Social homes complete