Homes Victoria is delivering more affordable rental homes for eligible Victorians and helping to close the gap in housing affordability.
A mix of brand new 1,2 and 3-bedroom affordable homes are now available at the Tarakan St Big Housing Build site in Heidelberg West, ideally positioned close to shops, transport and workplaces.
All homes are modern, energy efficient and offer a three-year lease set at below market rent.
All Homes Victoria affordable homes start affordable and stay affordable, which means:
- Rents will never be more than market rent with the added protection of a cap set at 30 per cent of a median income.
- A 3-year lease, with the ability for eligible renters to extend their lease for a further 3 years.
- Rent will be increased annually, but no more than 5 per cent.
- All eligible applicants have an equal chance of being offered an affordable home through our ballot process.
View listing and check your eligibility to apply now: https://www.homes.vic.gov.au/homes-victoria-affordable
What is Homes Victoria affordable?
Homes Victoria is delivering 2,400 affordable rental homes in response to the growing gap in housing affordability as part of the landmark $5.3 billion Big Housing Build.
We are creating a unique alternative to the private rental market to help low to moderate income Victorian renters get access to high quality and secure housing at an affordable rent.
Affordable properties have already been delivered in Kensington, Ashburton, Ascot Vale, Blackburn and Cheltenham with a further 103 affordable homes in Hawthorn coming soon.
Need more information?
For general enquiries about Homes Victoria projects:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 1300 650 172 (local call in Victoria). If you're interstate, overseas or on a mobile, please call (61 3) 9096 0000.
Sign up for updates
- Sign up to the Homes Victoria email mailing list to stay up to date with events, project updates and more.