On this page:
What is Homes Victoria affordable?
As part of the landmark $5.3 billion Big Housing Build, Homes Victoria is delivering 2,400 affordable rental homes. These homes will be located close to shops, transport and workplaces. In January 2023, the first affordable rental properties were listed in metropolitan Melbourne. More homes will become available to renters in more areas, including in regional locations, through 2023.
Properties available now
Properties available soon
- Whitehorse Road, Blackburn
Property listings can be found here. Please subscribe to email@example.com to be notified when new homes are available.
Starts affordable, stays affordable
All Homes Victoria affordable homes across Victoria start affordable and stay affordable.
- A 3 year lease, with the ability for eligible renters to extend their lease for a further 3 years.
- Rents will never be more than market rent with the added protection of a cap set at 30 per cent of a median income.
- Ballot process – all eligible applicants have an equal chance of being offered an affordable home.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the a Homes Victoria affordable home, you must meet all the below criteria:
- Your household falls under the relevant income threshold (see Table 1)
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You currently live in Victoria
- You do not own residential or commercial property.
The homes do not currently qualify for Commonwealth Rent Assistance under current Commonwealth Government policy.
Table 1: Eligible income thresholds
|Melbourne||Up to $64,020||Up to $96,030||Up to $134,450|
|Regional Victoria||Up to $46,660||Up to $69,990||Up to $97,980|
Eligible households on the Victorian Housing Register can also apply for homes.
High quality, cost effective and comfortable
- All homes will be built to modern design standards and meet a minimum 6-star NatHERS energy rating.
- All homes aim to achieve a minimum silver standard of liveability for accessibility to and within the property, supporting people with additional needs.
- All homes will also be built to modern residential standards, including landscaping and an urban design that complements the local neighbourhood.
- Homes are cheaper to heat and cool and provide year-round thermal comfort thanks to environmentally efficient design and the use of green renewable energy.
- On sites we’ve developed, including Ascot Vale and Ashburton, Homes Victoria is implementing innovative energy initiatives to provide renters with the very best energy deal in the market powered by 100% renewable energy – reducing our carbon footprint and energy costs for renters.
Find out more about Homes Victoria affordable
Email for updates or send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For languages other than English, please call 131 450.